Thursday, February 17, 2011

Doing the Chicken Pass!

Hi all,
Brad here with today's news from the Hen House!

In today's blog, I want to explore the invasive behavior of these humans.  I mean, I'm grateful for all the easy food, water and shelter during the cold winter here but once the weather gets nice, I'm a hands-off kinda guy.  You know, look but don't touch the beautiful feathers.  Those humans smell funny and I like my personal cologne, Eau de un Coq, and the girls do too!

So why a blog on "doing the chicken pass"?  Well, that's what the smaller humans were doing.  You know those crazy white chicks I talked about in an earlier blog, yea, the ones I can't stand but the humans seem drawn to them.  They run around laughing and flapping their arms in their attempts to catch the chicks.  Then, once in a while, a chick gets caught!  That's when the "chicken pass" occurs.  The medium sized human, Arianna, is the quickest!  Sometimes she even catches me - the nerve!  Then, she "passes" the captured chicken to the smallest human.  The wonder of it all is that no chicks were harmed and even seemed pleased to receive the love and attention.

I just don't know what to think.  Ok, I admit, when that middle sized human holds me, initially my feathers get all ruffled but within minutes, she has worked her magic on me and I am at peace.  I feel no fear and know she loves me just as much as I love myself.  Once I'm released though, I'm back to not wanting human contact.  I'm so confused.  I think the chicken pass is odd yet when the humans are holding me, I don't seem to mind.  Ugh, what to do!?

Yours truly,
Brad
Alpha Rooster
Prize Winning Mediterranean Cock

No comments:

Post a Comment