Sunday, February 20, 2011

Eyes Watching

Eyes waiting,
     Eyes wanting,
          Swirls whorling,
Worms squiggling,
     Chickens flapping,
          Spring is springing!

     I wake to the sound of birds in my head,
            am I dead?
     The music is so sweet,
             as I linger, half asleep.
     My body is warm under the covers,
             though my mind often wanders.


     It wanders through the Universe,
                       touching here,
                              touching there.
                                     Watching,
                                             Waiting,
                                                    Wanting,
                                                           Whorling.

     Do I have to come back?
     This feeling is pure bliss,
              am I dead?
     And then I wake,
               fully to the sound of birds in my ears,
                     alive
                   and aware.
                        
     World, I am here!
- Inkoze

No comments:

Post a Comment